United Veterinary Clinic provides a comprehensive range of vaccination services. Prevention is better than cure. Please keep your precious pets protected!
You may visit our Puppy & Kitten Vaccinations page for further information about vaccinations and their scheduling.
You may expand on the following headers for more information on each vaccination service.
United Veterinary Clinic provides comprehensive core vaccinations for dogs.
- Canine Parvovirus is a potentially fatal disease that causes severe gastrointestinal illness, resulting in profuse bloody diarrhea and vomiting. Dogs of all ages can be affected. Puppies are the most susceptible. Transmission is via the oral-fecal route.
- Canine Distemper Virus is a highly contagious disease that affects the respiratory and nervous systems leading to permanent lung and nerve damage. Transmission is via contact with infected respiratory secretions, tears, saliva, and feces.
- Canine Adenovirus (Canine Infectious Hepatitis) is a disease that causes acute liver failure and kidney disease. Transmission is via contact with infected urine and nasal secretions.
- Canine Parainfluenza Virus is a viral component of “Kennel Cough”. Infection can lead to debilitating respiratory problems. Transmission is via contact with aerosolized secretions.
United Veterinary Clinic provides comprehensive core vaccinations for cats.
- Feline Panleukopenia (Feline Parvovirus) is a fatal disease that causes severe gastrointestinal illness, resulting in profuse bloody diarrhea and vomiting. Unvaccinated cats of all ages can be affected. Kittens are the most susceptible. Transmission is via the oral-fecal route.
- Feline Herpes Virus & Feline Calicivirus (Feline Respiratory Disease complex) also known as “Cat Flu” syndrome, are highly contagious viruses that can cause severe respiratory tract infections. Transmission is via contact with aerosolized secretions.
- Feline Chlamydia is a disease that causes severe and persistent conjunctivitis. Progression can lead to other respiratory symptoms.
Protect your precious dogs from kennel cough, allow them to safely socialise and mingle.
- Bordetella bronchiseptica commonly referred to as “Kennel Cough”. This bacterial disease causes respiratory symptoms, mainly a dry, hacking cough. Transmission is via contact with aerosolized secretions.
United Veterinary Clinic provides rabies vaccinations for dogs and cats travelling abroad. Rabies is a highly deadly viral disease that affects the nervous system. The virus can also be spread to humans. As Singapore is a rabies-free country, pets living in Singapore do not require a routine rabies vaccination.
Leptospira is a bacterial disease that causes acute kidney failure. Transmission is via infected urine and contaminated water-bodies. Although leptospirosis is considered an optional vaccine, it is considered to be endemic in Singapore. In 2016 there was reported spike of leptospirosis in Singapore.
All dogs are advised to be kept up to date with leptospirosis vaccinations. The bacteria survive well in stagnant water pools, sewage and can be spread by rats. Leptospirosis is a zoonotic disease (spread between animal and human) that can cause severe liver and kidney damage in humans too.
United Veterinary Clinic provides canine vaccine antibody titer testing services to allow paw parents to make an informed decision with vaccination and avoid over or under vaccinating their pets.
Check if your fur babies still have adequate antibody levels from their last vaccination booster. Adult dogs have the option to vaccinate core vaccinations every 3 years provided they have sufficient antibody protection.
Feel free to contact us at 6455 6880 if you have any queries.